Saturday, May 1, 2010

No longer stir-crazy


I can't help but be thrilled everyday that it is warm enough to venture out daily with Ildri. Since we're at one car right now, I don't know how we'd be surviving without our explorations of Coralville. Soon we're getting a lightweight umbrella stroller so we can get on the bus and add to our possibilities, but for now we're enjoying where we can get to on foot.

We tried out the carousel at the mall (they have free rides on Friday), and she hated it. She didn't like sitting on the horse and seemed a little overwhelmed by all the yelling kids, lights and movement. I guess we'll try that one again after a few more months. Or a year.

Next week, Ildri and I are going to try something completely new: we are going swimming! We both have suits, I got swim diapers and a floaty for Ildri, and we're going to give it a shot. There's an indoor pool that's about a ten-minute walk away from our place. I will definitely let you know how she likes it. She loves the tub, so hopefully that will translate to the pool. Wish us luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment